Carded yarn quality is less than combed yarn quality. Because it contains short fibers and neps. Carded yarns are highly used for medium quality and average count, used for all kinds of fabrics. Flow chart of carded yarn manufacturing process is as follows:
Flow Chart of Carded Yarn Manufacturing Process with Input or Feed and Output or Delivery Product:
Input or Feed product→→→ Manufacturing process →→Output or Delivery product
Fiber →→→→→→→→→ Blow Room →→→→→→→→→→ Lap
Lap →→→→→→→→→→→ Carding →→→→→→→→ Card Sliver
Card Sliver →→→→→→ 1st Drawing Frame →→→→→ Drawn Sliver
Drawn Sliver →→→→→→ 2nd Drawing Frame →→→→→→ Drawn Sliver
Drawn Sliver →→→→→→→ Simplex →→→→→→→→→→ Roving
Roving →→→→→→→→ Ring Frame→→→→→→→→ → Yarn
Yarn →→→→→→→→→ Cone winding →→→→→→→→→ Cone
Cone →→→→→→→→→→ Reeling →→→→→→→→→→ Hank
Hank →→→→→→→→→→ Bundling →→→→→→→→→→ Bundle
Bundle →→→→→→→→→→→ Baling →→→→→→→→→→→→→ Bale
Spinning Processes in a brief:
- Blow Room: Blow room is the beginner stage of the spinning process.
- Carding: Carding is determined the special features of the yarn.
- Draw Frame: Draw frame is the machine where drafting and doubling are carried out. Carded sliver is not even enough to produce yarns. Consequently, all the carded slivers subjected to doubling and drafting on a machine known as Draw Frame.
- Roving Frame: The products are delivered by roving machines is called Roving. Roving is a fiber strand of a lesser count than a sliver. It has a small twist to keep fiber together. It will wound on to a package that is suitable for feeding spinning machines.
- Combing: It is a process, where introduced into the spinning of finer and high-quality yarns. The carded materials contain a certain amount of short and staple fibers, neps, fine kitty, leaf particles, etc. Short fibers hindrance to the spinning of finer counts.
- Ring Frame: It drafts the roving until the required fineness will achieve. Twisting drafted strand to form yarn of required count and strength. Winding the twisted yarn onto the bobbin helps to suitable storage and transportation process.
- Cone Winding: Cone winding is the final stage in Spinning. Good winding is the mirror of a spinning mill. It is a very necessary process to understood very well by all the personnel handling the department.
Author of this Article: S. M. Hossen Uzzal Production Officer Monnu Fabrics Ltd. Manikgonj Email: firstname.lastname@example.org