Product Flow Chart of Cotton Spinning
At first spinning process is begun with converting highly compressed cotton in bales into the form of a thoroughly loosened, opened, and cleaned state. In a spinning mill, those steps of the processing carried out in the blow room.
Cotton Spinning Processes:
1. Blow Room: In this process, the fibers in the bale form will be loosened, opened, and cleaned. This blow room is the beginner stage of the spinning process.
2. Carding: Carding is the most important operation in the spinning process. The carding is determined the special features of the yarn.
3. Draw Frame: Draw frame is the machine where drafting and doubling are carried out. Carded sliver is not even enough to produce good quality yarns. Consequently, all the carded slivers subjected to doubling and drafting on a machine known as Draw Frame.
4. Roving Frame: The products are delivered by roving machines is called Roving. Roving is a fiber strand of a lesser count than a sliver. It has a small twist to keep fiber together. It will wound on to a package that is suitable for feeding spinning machines.
5. Combing: It is a process, where introduced into the spinning of finer and high-quality yarns. The carded materials contain a certain amount of short and staple fibers, neps, fine kitty, leaf particles, etc. Short fibers hindrance to the spinning of finer counts.
6. Ring Frame: It drafts the roving until the required fineness will achieve. Twisting drafted strand to form yarn of required count and strength. Winding the twisted yarn onto the bobbin helps to suitable storage and transportation process.
7. Cone Winding: Cone winding is the final stage in Spinning. Good winding is the mirror of a spinning mill. It is a very necessary process to understood very well by all the personnel handling the department.
Author of this Article: Mustaque Ahammed Mamun Quality Assurance Officer, Lamisa Spinning Ltd. Tongi, Gazipur Cell: +8801723300703 Email: [email protected]