Woven fabric is produced with interlacement of warp and weft yarn. The importance of woven fabrics increases constantly. Starting from traditional uses mainly in clothing applications, woven fabrics today are key materials for structural, electronic, telecommunications, medical, aerospace, and other technical application fields. The woven fabric dyeing process is different from the knit fabric dyeing process. Jigger dyeing machine is used in woven dyeing. Here flow chart of woven dyeing process is given below.
Flow Chart of Woven Dyeing
Flow Chart & Checking Points Woven Solid Dyed Fabrics
Checking Points (Yarn): RKM/CSP, IPI, Neps
Checking Points (Fabric):
- Physical: Length, Width, Weight, Density, Composition, Tear Strength. As a result, grade A, B, C will be set for
- Appearance: Fabric defects including knots, holes, etc. Dyeing or printing or return purpose
Remarks: Better to use the same lot of greige fabric from the same supplier for one order.
Checking Points (Pre-treatment):
- Physical: pH, Whiteness, Resin%, Capillarity effect / TEGEWA –Drop Test (Absorbency), TEGEWA-Violet-blue scale (Degree of desire)
- Appearance: Fabric Defects
- Width (especially stretch fabric
* Stretch fabric needs test shrinkage after each step of Scouring, bleaching & Mercerization.
Mercerizing checking point: Barium number, Alkalinity, width, pH
Checking Points (Dyeing):
- Color shade checking
- Fabric defect
- pH value
- Colorfastness ( cut some bulk fabric to do production finish and then do physical testing . Once it is OK, the bulk fabric can continuously finish )
- And other offline tests as per risk assessment
Checking Points (Print)
- Print effect compared to the approved sample
- Print defect
- Dry rubbing, formaldehyde
- Conductivity ( in case of pigment printing )
Steaming Risk: Floating color
Checking point (Washing)
- Physical test: colorfastness
- Chemical test: pH value, formaldehyde
Checking point (Heat setting): Fabric width, shrinkage
Checking point (Finishing): Compare width approved sample for hand feel, brush, or other special treatment as per requirement. Tear strength ( peach finish ) in case of finishing like Wrinkle-free, tear strength, pH, smell
Checking point (Finished fabric): Final fabric inspection according to our fabric inspection guideline.
Checking point (Package): Label including order no, width, composition, color, bale no.
Author of this Article: Rana Sohel Executive Engineer Sunman Textile Mills Ltd. Chittagong Cell: +8801912-420118 Email: [email protected]