Organogram means a drawing or plan that gives the names and job titles of all the staff in an organization or department, showing how they are connected to each other. Knitting section of a Garments Industry has an organogram. Organogram of knitting section in garments industry is given below:
Organogram of Knitting Section in Apparel Industry
Knitting Assistance Manager
Roles of Textile Engineer in Apparel Industry:
1. Planning: Have to plan all told sections for the graceful flow of the production line.
2. Control: Have to control the production and the people according to the plan to get the optimum efficiency.
3. Organization: Needs to watch over the manufacturing process and introduces the required system needed for quality production.
4. Re-viewing: He has to review all activities of a shift in charge and supervise every day/week/month according to production manager order.
5. Administration: Textile engineer has to plan in all sections for the smooth flow of production.
6. Leadership: A Textile engineer makes the worker give their best by inspiring and motivating.
7. Management Contact: Textile Engineer needs consultation with production manager in a matter of production planning and work distribution of individuals.
8. Maintenance schedule: Textile Engineer needs to check and maintain the proper maintenance schedule for every machine to remain to continue the production.
9. Inventory Control: Textile Engineers plays an important role to control appropriate and necessary spare parts and raw material to smooth run the apparel industry.
10. Product Development: Most of the textile engineers works on product research and development, to improve current textile-based products or creating new products
11. Product Improvement: They come up with innovative ideas and techniques to improve the process, production, and quality of yarns and fabrics produced in the plant.
12. Sourcing: Source the product at the least price while maintaining the quality standard as required by the buyer.
13. Fashion Design: Designers and merchandisers give careful consideration to these fundamentals for even the most basic apparel.
14. Merchandising: Apparel merchandiser has to handle some buyers smartly to consider all of the features of a product, including design, quality, product life-cycle, consumer’s buying ability, and so on.
Author of this Article: Raju Tex Knitting Technologist, B.J.Group Chittagong Textile Engineering College Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ERZRAZU