Batching is the receiving section of grey fabric. Fabric dyeing or wet processing is started with batching or batch preparation where fabric is weighted as per machine capacity and the fabric is turned inside out in case of body fabric i.e. main fabric of garments. This process is called planning for dyeing. Flow Chart of Batch Preparation for Dyeing is as follows:
Flow Chart of Batch Preparation for Dyeing
Gettinection from Grey In-charge
Make the priority as per the dyeing plan
Take one specific Batch card.
Read the Batch Card for own understanding
Check the availability of fabric
Take the required quantity of body fabric from the warehouse.
Make required no. of Rope maintaining equal length.
Take collar/cuff as per size, keep the total weight.
Distribute the collar /cuff or Rib in each rope equally unsure equal length
Stitch the fabric
Write down the weight against roll no. in the backside of the Batch Card.
Write the total weight in Batch Card.
Put signature & date.
Fill up the production report form. ↓Send for the Production
Function or purpose of the batch section:
Batching is the receiving section of grey fabric and sending a section of grey fabric to the dyeing section these will dye. Batching is the process to get ready the fabrics which should be dyed and processed for a particular lot of a particular order.
- Roll-formed grey fabrics are received from the knitting section or other sources.
- Turning is done for grey fabric by turning machine if required.
- To prepare the batch of fabric for dyeing according to the following criteria.
- To send the grey fabric to the dyeing floor with batch card
- Keep records for every previous dyeing.
Proper batching criteria:
- To use the maximum capacity of the existing dyeing machine.
- To-minimize the washing time or preparation time or machine stopping time.
- To keep the number of batches as little as possible for the same shade.
Author of this Article: Rana Sohel Executive Engineer Sunman Textile Mills Ltd. Chittagong Cell: +8801912-420118 Email: [email protected]