What is embroidery?
Embroidery is a technique of decorating fabric or other materials with needle and thread or yarn. In the garments industry, it is a common task for decorating fabric. Normally embroidery is done as buyer requirements. Embroidery is done by hand. But in the case of bulk production and for complicated design computerized embroidery machine is used. Embroidery is most often used on caps, hats, coats, blankets, dress shirts, denim, stockings, and golf shirts. Flow Chart of Embroidery in Garments Industry is given below.
Flow Chart of Embroidery in Garments Industry
Artwork from buyer
Input to ES-65(Software)
Send to buyer
Recommendation & correction from the buyer
Send to buyer
If approved then for bulk production
All the processes of embroidery are described below:
- Receive artwork from the buyer and upgrade it if necessary.
- Then, the embroidery section supervisor’s responsibility to get the correct embroidery disk or tape from the production coordinator.
- This tape is placed on the machine.
- The machine is set up to run 20 embroideries at once based on machine capacity.
- The supervisor will adjust the machine speed to maintain suitability for the different fabric and embroidery types.
- The approved standard will be hanging with the machine and follow according to style.
- After the embroidery operation is completed, then all the pieces are checked 100% through the needle detector machine and send to the cutting section.
- Finally cutting section will include all the parts together and deliver to the sewing line.
- The cutting quality inspector will check each cut received from embroidery.
- Q.A Manager and Cutting in-charge ensure each bundle, is going to be issued to the sewing line will 100% acceptable with quantity too.
- Before sewing line input, the Quality in-charge has to check each bundle that is going to be passed through the metal detector machine, to be 100% acceptable quantity.
Author of this Article: Noor Ahmed Raaz Asst. Merchandiser A.M.C.S Textile Ltd Email: [email protected]