Maintenance is a procedure by which we can maintain active functioning in operation according to the behavior and utility of a particular element. Machine, buildings, and other facilities are subjected to deterioration due to their use and exposure to environmental conditions. Process of deterioration, if unchecked. . culminates in rendering these service facilities unserviceable and brings them to a standstill. In Industry, therefore has no choice but to attend them from time to time to repair and recondition them so as to elongate their life to the extent it is economically and physically possible to do so. In engineering, we use this terminology for maintaining the smooth and uninterrupted performance of machines, tools, and metallurgical characteristics in practical uses. The flow chart of maintenance in the textile industry is as follows:
Flow Chart of Maintenance in Textile Industry
Types of Maintenance:
1. Unplanned Maintenance: It means, people wait until equipment fails and repair it. It has two subdivided types:
- Emergency maintenance
- Breakdown maintenance
2. Preventive maintenance: It is daily maintenance (Cleaning, inspection, oiling, and re-tightening), design to retain the healthy condition of Equipment and prevent failure through the prevention of deterioration, periodic inspection or equipment condition diagnosis, to measure deterioration.
3. Corrective maintenance: Actions such as repair, replacement, or restoration will be carried out after the occurrence of a failure in order to eliminate the source of this failure or reduce the frequency of its occurrence.
4. Predictive Maintenance (PDM): PDM is a set of activities that detect changes in the physical condition of equipment (signs of failure) in order to carry out the appropriate maintenance work for maximizing the service life of equipment without increasing the risk of failure.
5. Improvement Maintenance: It aims at reducing or eliminating entirely the need for maintenance. That can be occurred to simplify maintenance work, perhaps which may increase overall performance.
Author of this Article: Tarik Babu Executive Officer Antim Group Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tarik.babu.92