Fabric and accessories dept. working well for getting the right quality in a timely. But somewhere accessories ins. Dept is not available, the store is completing the responsibilities. The measurements are taken by the fabric inspection team. Accessories Management in Garments Industry is very important. Here, flow chart is as follow;
Store Quality Check List:
- Buyer-Approved Trims Card Check.
- Buyer Approved Sample Wise Main, Size & Care Label Check.
- Buyer Approved Sample Wise Care Symbol Check.
- Thread Color Shading & Quality Check.
- Buyer Wise Hangtag & Price Sticker Check.
- All-materials buyer wise and style-wise input.
- All trims and accessories preserved in a racking system
- All machine tools also stored in a separate place.
- Carton storing in a dry place otherwise it will be damaged.
- Maintaining all record carefully
Flow Chart of Accessories Management in Garments Industry
Received technical sheet
Received approved trims
What is Accessories?
To produce or make apparel the components, excluding the main fabric which is attached with clothing for finishing purpose or packing purpose are called accessories. It’s not directly attached to the body of clothing by sewing, only used for finishing and packing purposes. Actually, accessories are used for decorative purposes.
Example: Poly Bag, Safety Pin, Al pin, Neck Bord, Carton, Tissue Paper, Price Tag, etc.
List of Accessories Used in the Apparel Industry:
|List of Accessories|
|3. Size Tag|
|4. Tissue Paper|
|5. Collar Stand|
|7. Neck board|
|8. Paper Band|
|9. Pin/ Clip|
|10. Tag Pin|
|11. Poly Bag|
|12. Elastic Bag|
|13. Mini Poly Bag|
|14. Gum tape|
|15. Scotch tape|
|16. P.P. Band|
|17. Carton Pad|
|18. Master Cartoon|
|19. Inner Cartoon|
|20. Outer Cartoon|
|21. Iron Seal .|
|22. Tarpaulin Paper|
|23. Carton Sticker .|
|24. Safety Sticker .|
|25. Arrow Sticker .|
|26. Size Sticker .|
|27. Numbering Stickers.|
|29. Both side tape.|
|30. Plastic Staple|
|32. Ball Chain|
|33. Silica Gel, etc.|
In the garments industry, trimmings and accessories are very important to make clothing aesthetic, functional, and commercially acceptable. But trimmings and accessories are not the same. Their function and looks are completely different.
Author of this Article: Shariful Islam Iman BGMEA University of Fashion & Technology Email: [email protected]